Designing Preschool Interventions : a practitioner's guide
By: Barnett, David W.
Contributor(s): Bell, Susan H | Carey, Karen T.Material type: TextSeries: Guilford school practitioner series. Publisher: New York : The Guilford Press, 1992Description: xvii,380p.ISBN: 157230491X.Subject(s): Special education - elementary schools | Special education - preschoolsDDC classification: 371.904721 B16
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
OUSL- Main Library
Main library online catalogue( Online Public Access Calaogue-OPAC)
|General Collection||371.904721 B16 (Browse shelf)||55381||Available||55381|
Revised edition of: Designing interventions for preschool learning and behavior problems. 1st ed. c1992.
Contents 1. Critical issues in preschool interventions : Frameworks for assessment and intervention ; Research in early intervention ; Challenges of preschool psychological and special services ; Potential risks of early intervention ; Key early intervention themes --
2. Consulting with parents and teachers : Core features of consultation ; Record reviews and developmental histories ; Ecobehavioral interviews ; More on interview techniques ; Other consultation-based assessments --
3. Principles and techniques for observing : Planning observations ; Observing and recording behavior ; Curriculum-based assessment ; Technical adequacy of observations
4. Designing effective interventions : Guidelines for selecting target variables ; Intervention decisions
5. Evaluating intervention design and outcomes : The reliability and validity of target variable selection ; The technical adequacy of intervention design ; Determining intervention outcomes: accountability designs ; Legal and ethical practice ; Right to educational treatment. 6. Developing new behaviors and modifying existing behaviors : Naturalistic learning experiences ; Developing language skills ; Other basic intervention strategies --
7. Managing severe problem behaviors : Differential reinforcement ; Aversive procedures and punishment ; Self-mediated intervention techniques ; Group and peer interventions ; Using tokens --
8. Changing roles within family systems : Family systems issues ; Home and school interventions ; Interventions to expand learning opportunities ; Problem behaviors --
9. Parent interventions for severe and risk-related problem behaviors : Problem behavior in the home and community ; Safety- and health-related interventions ; Challenges and difficulties in working with families --
10. The classroom as ecosystem : Organizational and systems interventions ; Classroom management ; Including children with disabilities ; Transitions between settings --
11. Classroom social and safety-related interventions : Social skills and play ; Disruptive behaviors ; Safety- and health-related interventions.
Presents the basic steps for developing effective interventions for learning and behaviour difficulties in children aged two to five.